You may already be familiar with some of the conventional dietary approaches to support immune health. They include:
- Protein, including seafood, lean meat, poultry, eggs, beans, peas, soy products and unsalted nuts and seeds. Many protein sources also contain Zinc, another immune booster.
- Vitamin A found in sweet potatoes, kale, carrots, spinach, red peppers and foods fortified with vitamin A such as milk or cereal.
- Vitamin C – found in citrus fruits, strawberries or foods fortified with Vitamin C.
- Vitamin E – found in sunflower seeds, almonds, vegetable oils, peanut butter or spinach.
- Other nutrients with immune boosters are B6, iron, selenium and prebiotics and probiotics
Why not rely on diet alone? While these foods have immune-boosting properties, there is little data and mixed results on “mega-dosing” for Vitamin C and data is lacking on the benefits of some of the minerals such as Zinc.
Likewise, there is negative or inconclusive data with many poorly designed studies with limited or no changes in immune biomarkers for herbal supplements such as Echinacea, beta carotene or gingseng.
Supplementing the diet with foods, beverages or supplements with Wellmune is a clinically proven effective and more convenient way to incorporate everyday immune support into the diet. A good analogy is that many of us take a daily vitamin to ensure we get the recommended daily amount of vitamins and minerals.
By boosting the immune system with Wellmune in a choice of foods, beverages and supplements provides peace of mind through convenient everyday immune support year-round.