As part of our ongoing commitment to increase understanding of the link between nutrition and immune health, we are pleased to make available an archive of the first in a series of continuing education modules for dietitians! The webinar, presented by Philip Calder, BSc (Hons), PhD, DPhil, RNutr, Professor of Nutritional Immunology, University of Southampton Faculty of Medicine) was hosted by the Dietiitans in Integrative an Functional Medicine Dietetic Practice Group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
This one-hour webinar explored the immune system, a complex system of cells and tissues that protects the human body from invading pathogens. Dr. Calder, a leading nutritional immunologist, highlighted the growing body of clinical understanding about the role that good nutrition plays in immune health throughout the lifecycle, and the importance of immune health to overall health and well being. He shared the latest clinical insights on enhancing immune function and conclude with several examples of novel dietary immune interventions.
- Take-home Messages from Biothera-sponsored Breakfast at the Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo
- New Research Demonstrating Ability of Wellmune WGP® to Reduce Cold/Flu Symptoms Published in Nutrition
- Wellmune WGP® Reduces Allergy Symptoms Among Ragweed Sufferers, According to Results Published in Food Science & Nutrition
- Sports Dietitian Dave Ellis Joins Biothera’s Healthcare Scientific Advisory Board
- Dr. Joy Dubost Joins Biothera Healthcare Scientific Advisory Board